It’s A Party! And what’s a party without presents?!On Feb 29, 2012 Blog 34 Comments Tags: Give Aways
It’s finally here! Our big launch! We have been planning, cleaning, rearranging our real life provision rooms. We’ve been cooking, baking, canning and bulk ordering for our real life provision rooms. We’ve been designing, tweaking and having a few minor moments of panic as we put together the online Provision Room! And it’s here! It’s finally here! We are launching this website!
If you know us, you know that Kristina and I don’t do anything by halves. If we’re going to do something, we’re gonna do it up right! And parties? Well, it’s just us and our hundred closest friends!
Are you ready to party with us?! Do ya got your dancin’ shoes on? You can wear them with your apron, you know. June Cleaver did.
First let us introduce ourselves!
Kristina is wife to Jordan and mom to Anna and Alyssa. She’s a personal chef and fitness junkie. She is passionate about her family and her home–including her urban garden and backyard chickens!
Daja is wife to Gana and mom to Meg, Israel, Luc, Captain, Belgee, Saraa and River. She’s a doula and childbirth educator. She is just wild about her family–including the extended parts of the family from California to Mongolia!
We are both homeschooling, stay-at-home mamas, who love Jesus with all our hearts.
Recently, there was a huge windstorm that blew through our little patch of Southern California. It left thousands of people without power for days on end. Thankfully, both our husbands had generators ready to go; that kept our food safe. But, those few days were a sort of wake-up call for us. We needed to be better prepared. We needed to do some better meal planning and emergency preparedness. In talking to one another we realized that we were really on the same page. Not only did we want to be more prepared for the next outage/windstorm/earthquake/etc., but we also wanted to be prepared in order to be a blessing to our friends, neighbors and communities. And we wanted to do it being true to our values.
Out of our efforts, this blog was born!
To celebrate the birth of this blog and the beginning of our journey into true preparedness (and preparedness in style!), we are throwing ourselves a party!
So grab a noise maker, because we are fixin’ to give away some prizes! Woot!
(And guess what?! This party goes on ALL MONTH LONG! New prizes each week! New ways to win every time!)
This week we have three fabulous prizes to give to one extremely blessed party go-er!
1. Azure Standard has graciously provided a $50 gift card!
We LOVE Azure Standard! Quality, integrity, convenience. I mean, really, what’s not to love! The winner will get to spend their $50 on anything from their thousands of healthy, organic and sustainable products! Read Kristina’s review and learn more about this fantastic company and how you can save your family mucho deniro!
2. Author, speaker and pastor, Craig Goodwin is offering an autographed copy of his book Year of Plenty.
This book has a permanent place on our shelves right next to Michael Pollan’s In Defense of Food and Barbara Kingsolver’s Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It is interesting, funny, challenging, and moving. You can read Daja’s review to see just how much we love this book and why you will, too!
3. And what party would be complete without a little somethin’ sweet? Venice Premium Biscotti wants to give you a case of their DELICIOUS handmade biscotti!
After a long day of working in your own provision room providing food and warmth to your family, you deserve to curl up with a good book (I hear the one above is a great read), a cup of organic fair trade coffee or tea (I hear that Azure has a nice selection) and the best biscotti in the world. You’ll dip, you’ll nosh, you’ll savor and you’ll think, “Oh, this was so worth it!” (Ssssshhhhh……you have our permission not to share with the kids!)
Want to win? We have so many ways you can enter!
1. Blog about this give-away on your blog! Be sure to leave us the link in the comments so we can visit YOUR blog!
2. Share about the give-away on Facebook or Tweet about us on Twitter!
3. Like our Facebook page. We promise we will not ask you to play Farmville.
4. Become a Follower of this page to get updates via email.
5. See our button on the sidebar? Lift the code and embed it on your blog or website! We’ll give you an extra two points for doing this!
6. Leave a comment on this post telling us how much you love us or what kind of posts you’d like to see or singing your favorite party song. Also be sure to let us know how many of the above things you have done so we know how many entries you get. If you are already a fan on Facebook or a Follower, let us know. We’ll count that. See how much we want you to win?
This week’s contest closes at 11:59pm (EST) on Wednesday. So hurry up and enter all the ways you can! We’ll announce the winner on Thursday morning! I’d say “Good luck” but as long as you’ve got your apron, your heels and your pearls, who needs luck?!
[THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER, MAMA KNIFTON!]